How to Spring Clean Your Brand
Spruce up your social media profiles (and I mean all, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) by doing the following fast tasks:
- Change your profile photo to one more current
- Change your hero image or cover image to one more current and branded
- Read through your short “About” bio text and give it a little update
- Write a quick status message welcoming Spring and sharing something with your followers. Post it now!
When you do these 4 tasks in one 15-minute block of time, you get an updated consistency in your brand quickly.
While you are on a roll, head over to your website. It’s one of your most important marketing tools, yet it often gets ignored after it’s launched. Take a quick visual audit of the following:
- Is the homepage still relevant and eye-catching? Can you quickly update your primary call to action text or hero text to drive more relevance to your brand promise?
- Is your footer copyright notice showing the year 2017? If not, change it. (Don’t know how? send an email to your “person” who does right now.)
- Is your About page text still up-to-date? If not, can you make any quick 5-minute improvement here like you just (hopefully) did on your social media bio?
- Almost done! Next, go to your services or products page and check if things are updated and reflecting what you do at this moment? If not, grab a notebook and take notes on what’s off and add a time slot to your calendar to get it updated.
- Last thing… your blog. When was the last content update published? If it’s past due and time for a new post, plan a block in you calendar during the next 7 days to write a new short content update.
- Download my brand audit checklist here
- Run through the list to identify any other pain points that may need attention.
- Find any? Plot a time on your calendar to fix them in the coming 2 weeks.
That’s it! You’ve done your quick Spring Clean of your brand. Pat yourself on the back, my friend!
To help keep you inspired with April’s blossoms, I’ve created a handy custom desktop wallpaper you can use on your computer. It will also keep you organized with the included April calendar – use it at a glance without having to open your agenda or calendar app. Grab your freebie reward with the button below the preview image.
Who am I?
I'm Gina Dunn, Brand Strategist and CEO of iGina - and my mission is to help entrepreneurs to define and build brands. Let's bring your brand to life!
Did you know that brand-led businesses outperform their competition by 83%? Get started by mapping out your very own brand strategy yourself with our Brand Canvas - get it here.