Running a business is amazing, rewarding, and hard…and even more so when you don’t have the right tools to hand. So, to help you along your startup and entrepreneurial journey we have rated and curated an amazing list of the best online, essential resources and tools, Startup resources here you go!
These rock! Not only for startups but for busy entrepreneurs, solo entrepreneurs, consultants, and more.
STARTUP RESOURCES – THE LIST!
This essential and awesome list will help you get ahead.
Never miss an appointment or meeting with the helping hand of a scheduling tool, I certainly couldn’t live without one. It syncs to your calendars and allows clients to book appointments directly with you online.
Use a complete system that manages it all, automate, organize, and optimize your business management.
Work with your colleagues to track progress and projects all in one place.
This is a must-know tool, an online directory of just about everything every startup needs, from idea generation to analysis.
STUCK ON A NAME?
For just in case you didn’t come up with an awesome name or snag a cool URL.
- wordoid.com (one of my favs!)
Make an impact with visual marketing by using beautiful imagery.
- Pablo by Buffer (Images for blogs posts)
- Square Space Logo (Design simple logos fast)
- Stocksnap.io (stock photos free to use)
- FreePik (great for graphic designers)
- The stocks (my pick, it’s a stock photo search engine of the top free sites)
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT TOOLS
Manage all your channels from one place.
- Hootsuite (the ultimate management of social media)
- Streak (CRM Gmail plugin)
- Buffer (our fav for so many reasons we just can’t count)
- Gramblr (for scheduling those pesky instagram posts – yes it posts and it’s free!)
Real time, team communication for use on device or desktop.
- WhatsApp (our choice!)
Online time tracking, and time sheets, knowing where your time is being spent is essential for all startups.
Video conferencing and screen sharing plays a bigger part in business today, pick your provider from my shortlist,
- Appear.in (my preference, no software required)
- Join.me (my second choice these days)
- Skype (for all else)
Screen capture software is so handy for presentations and business packs.
- Snagit (not free)
Use video to enhance your business, from how-to guides to staff training and briefing.
- Loom (my preference it’s awesome!)
Don’t miss out on the power of email marketing, create beautiful mail outs from dozens of templates or create your own.
Create branded content instantly
- DesignBold (newbie)
- Adobe Spark (awesome but mobile only)
Here at iGina we use Canva + the full Adobe suite as well.
There’s just nothing quite like it on the market.
Struggling to get your work-life balance right? Then use this tool to find out where you are going wrong.
Empower yourself and your employees.
- Coursera – For helping your employees grow in their careers.
- Udemy – For mastering a particular subject before hiring someone else to do it.
- edX – For learning more about your industry.
- Clarity – For mentoring and coaching.
- YouTube – For entertainment and miscellaneous education.
- CreativeLive – one of my favs!
Highly recommended by the team at iGina, she’s just great!
LAWYER / CONTRACT
Again another personal recommendation for you.
Need a little name inspiration?
Well, there you have it all the amazing tried and tested absolute essential startup (and more) resources. Please share the list with your colleagues and friends.
If you enjoyed today’s read, then check out the blog section on our website to see all of our other awesome posts.
Gina Dunn is a brand strategist and her mission is to help business owners all over the world to break through their business barriers and realize their brand potential, sometimes for the very first time.
Did you know that brand-led businesses outperform their competition by 83%?
Get started by mapping out your very own brand strategy yourself with our Free DIY Brand Toolkit - get it here.