Are you an up-and-coming communications rockstar? Do you have creative ideas and are ready to take the next step in your learning? Do you want to lead various projects from the ground up – from strategy to planning to implementation – all while learning about brand strategy and brand design at the same time? If so, we are looking for you!
This internship is designed for a college student or graduate looking for fast-paced, real-world experience in marketing and communications with an extra special interest in branding.
You should be a self-starter, ready to jump right in with both feet, a team player, and open to learn and reflect. The internship starts immediately and is based in Amsterdam.
WHO WE ARE
iGina is spearheaded by Gina Dunn, a Marketing & Brand Strategist who helps clients transform businesses by building remarkable brand experiences. Clients can receive the complete end-to-end brand development process or bite-size pieces and DIY the rest. Gina brings the extra insight, creativity, structure, and fresh perspective needed to help businesses transform. Clients range from solo entrepreneurs to management teams of international brands. Things are moving fast to ramp up for the second half of 2018 – you can be a big part of driving iGina to reach new audacious goals!
The ideal candidate for this position will have a proficient understanding of public relations principles and tactics, basic experience with public relations tools and resources, a desire to research new story angles and innovative approaches to communications, strong writing skills, and be a self-starter. Native or bilingual English is a must.
- The duration of the internship is a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 6 months
- Lots of room for initiative and independence
- 4-5 days per week at the office in Amsterdam
- Travel cost & lunch compensated
- A pleasant working environment with some nice extras: lunch, coffee, tea, and drinks provided
- That you are outgoing, communicative, creative, and efficient
- You’re ready to take the plunge into a fast-moving, quick learning environment.
- You have a basic understanding of the principles of PR
- You have a basic understanding of research and media list building
- You have basic computer skill and are familiar with Microsoft Office products and Google Apps
- Experience with LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook, Twitter and other social media is a plus
- Ability to speak and write fluent or native English (Dutch is not required)
- You have your own laptop computer
- Create and maintain media lists
- Draft pitches and marketing materials with the approval of the supervisor
- Pitch media under the direction of the supervisor
- Conduct and compile research
- Assist with event planning, logistics, and staffing
- Research and prepare a media kit
- Blog / content research and writing
- Participation in brainstorms, team meetings, industry events
- Create speaking pitches for industry conferences
- Direct outreach to both media and events
- You’ll be doing real work with real clients, too!
- Bi-weekly newsletters
For more information on iGina Marketing, have a look at www.igina.net. Please send your CV to [email protected]