Starting and running business as a startup is amazing, rewarding, and hard…and even more so when you don’t have the right tools at hand from the very beginning.
To help you along your startup journey, I have curated an amazing list of the best (and my very own favorite) essential resources and tools that you MUST HAVE.
Startup Must-Haves Tools Inside
These tools rock! Not only for startups but for busy entrepreneurs, solo entrepreneurs, consultants, and more. I use them all – nearly daily.
This essential and awesome list will help you get ahead.
Never miss an appointment or meeting with the helping hand of a scheduling tool, I certainly couldn’t live without one. It syncs to your calendars and allows clients to book appointments directly with you online.
Project and Task Management
Work diligently to plan and track your progress – all in one place.
This is a must-know tool, an online directory of just about everything every startup needs, from idea generation to analysis.
- The Brand Alchemy Library (my very own curated tool made for you)
- Startup Stash
- Startup Resources
- Teamgate CRM
Stuck on a business name? Try these!
For just in case you didn’t come up with an awesome name or snag a cool URL.
- Looking for a full blown guide on naming your business and brainstorming options? The Brand Alchemy Library has one for you!
- wordoid.com (one of my favs!)
DIY Design Resources
Make an impact with your visual marketing by using beautiful imagery.
- Pablo by Buffer (Images for blogs posts)
- Square Space Logo (Design simple logos fast)
- Stocksnap.io (stock photos free to use)
- FreePik (great for graphic designers)
- The stocks (my pick, it’s a stock photo search engine of the top free sites)
Social Media Scheduling
Manage all your channels from one place and schedule in advance, too.
- Hootsuite (the ultimate management of social media)
- Streak (CRM Gmail plugin)
- Buffer (our fav for so many reasons we just can’t count)
- Gramblr (for scheduling those pesky instagram posts – yes it posts and it’s free!)
Real-time, team and client communication for use on device or desktop.
Track Your Time
Online time tracking and time sheets, knowing where your time is being spent is essential for all startups.
- Toggl (free! – My favorite!)
- RescueTime – paid and free options (I’ve used this for years to automatically log time spent in apps and files on all my devices
Video conferencing and screen sharing plays a bigger part in business today, pick your provider from my shortlist,
Video Recording / Demos
Use video to enhance your business, from how-to guides to staff training and briefing.
- Loom (my preference it’s awesome!)
Don’t miss out on the power of email marketing, create beautiful mail outs from dozens of templates or create your own.
Graphic Design Tools
Create branded content instantly
- Canva (my preference!)
- DesignBold (newbie)
- Adobe Spark (awesome but mobile only)
Here at iGina we use Canva + the full Adobe suite as well.
Analytics to see how your marketing performs
There’s just nothing quite like it on the market.
Learning platforms to never stop growing your skills
Empower yourself to boost your learning.
- edX – For learning more about your industry.
- Clarity – For mentoring and coaching.
- YouTube – For entertainment and miscellaneous education.
- CreativeLive – one of my favs!
- Skillshare (my favorite)
Need a little name inspiration?
Well, there you have it all the amazing tried and tested absolute essential startup resources. Please share the list with your friends.
If you enjoyed today’s read, then check out the blog section on our website to see all of our other awesome posts.
Here’s an infographic with my 8 absolute favorites!
The Way Forward
Guiding entrepreneurs on their journey to a remarkable brand is the mission of the Brand Alchemy Library.
For many of us, running or launching our business while facing a global pandemic has opened up a whole new range of challenges: from pivoting businesses models, evolving customer groups, saving money, and time efficiency - just to name a few. I want to support and help, especially at this time. I wanted to give back. My passion project was born from the desire to help even more people around the world in a affordable way!
The Brand Alchemy Library is a supportive community and resource vault designed to help your business thrive.
Inside, my #1 priority is to help entrepreneurs break free of the cycle of spending hours and hours googling how to's and templates. The resources I provide in the library are 100% vetted and the exact frameworks, templates, exercises, and worksheets that I use with my clients to:
- build brands
- setup businesses
- run day-to-day projects
- action marketing and brand strategies
But, I'll tell you now, if truly becoming a remarkable brand is your goal, you NEED to join the Library Membership. Just saying.
Until next time,
Who am I?
I'm Gina Dunn, Brand Strategist and CEO of iGina - and my mission is to help entrepreneurs to define and build brands. Let's bring your brand to life!
Did you know that brand-led businesses outperform their competition by 83%? Get started by mapping out your very own brand strategy yourself with our Brand Canvas - get it here.